Iman family notes

"Wappen" for Oberdiessbach and nearby Aeschlen
on the hillsides over Steffisburg (below)


The building is a gate barn in Berne built 1655 by master carpenter Hans Eimann for Venner Jakob Ruby. It's a famous landmark in the city of Thun today.t

Looking down on the Thun sea from Oberdiessbach - "upper brook".

EYNMANN (Eymann); The family Eymann originates from Oberdiessbach, canton Berne in Switzerland. Their migration in the Pfalz; Ibersheimer yard - Sionerhof with Alzey - Edenbornerhof with Kirchheimbolanden - and the Lohmuehle with Langmeil Winnweiler. Old aristocracy family from Switzerland in the year 80 n. Christ already called later in 800 the century A.D. under the name EYNMANN and after the year 1000 A.D.. in EYMANN changed.


Thun Castle
The castle of the Dukes of Zähringen, built just before the year 1200. Massive roof storey dating from 1430 during the Bernese period. The castle served as a prison.